The essence of Workflow Process Management’s(WPM) value is the ability to improve operational efficiency—to process more with less effort, achieving higher quality outcomes. As a result, CIO’s and IT executives have identified WPM as their top priority in surveys by Gartner Group and CIO Insights.
WPM effects change by dissecting, analyzing, and re-engineering the workflow processes that drive almost every kind of business.
An effective WPM methodology increases efficiency between people and machines by automating routine tasks, allowing people to work more efficiently and strategically. An effectiveWPM methodology should reduce the number of people required to perform such tasks and speeds up process cycle times for getting things done. Also, WPM methodology creates a new paradigm for continuous process improvement as part of a corporate culture delivering high performance.
WPM: Conducting a Comprehensive Workflow Analysis
- Model cross-functional workflow diagram on existing business processes for department or project.
- Identify all end to end business processes
- Identify all types and points of input
- Identify all types and points of output
- Identify transaction errors and bottlenecks.
- Identify data quality and validation issues
- Identify all manual processes and work-arounds
- Identify time-consuming activities and time wasters
- Identify hidden system fixes and processes
- Identify all internal and external forms
- Write-up on nuanced issues and process flows
- Identify all reports managers wish they had
- Identify all reports users and managers use
- Identify all data and report shortcomings
- Create Joint Process Development (JPD) team of users to get consensus on existing processes and discuss new workflow possibilities
- Model cross-functional workflow diagram with suggested new business processes and automation engaged for management review and approval.
Benefits of WPM Strategy
- Automate all routine tasks and activities
- Enhanced data quality and validation
- Elimination of manual entries, errors and bottlenecks
- Integrated workflow with cross-functional impact
- Improves transparency
- Consolidate all input points both internal and external
- Reduced process time cycles
- Staff has more meaningful and challenging work
- Staff becomes more strategic through enhancing data and process quality control and policy compliance
- Paradigm shift to thinking of continuous process improvement becomes embedded in culture
- Consistent and standardized execution of task
- Make better decisions
- Clear picture of old business processes and a consensus built new business process methodology makes IT development much easier.
- More efficient business process flow reduces cost and increases profitability.
To get a copy of SRM Partners Step-By-Step Guide to workflow Process Management send your request to email@example.com